Creamy, comfort foods like this soup don't have to be high in fat or calories.
This soup gets its creaminess from the pureed cauliflower, with plenty of added flavor from the leeks and corn. It’s also super simple to make and will leave you feeling warm and satisfied.
- 3.5 cups of cauliflower florets, chopped (save six small some bite-size piece for garnish)
- 1 cup of diced leeks (white part only)
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 10 ounces frozen corn (or canned corn, rinsed and drained)
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 2 T. paprika
- 1 T. salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- Saute the leeks and garlic in ½ cup of the vegetable broth for five minutes until soft.
- Add the florets, broth and corn. Cook until boiling. Reduce heat to medium.
- Add paprika and cook an additional 20 minutes or until all vegetables are soft.
- Use an immersion blender to blend the soup until creamy but allow some of the florets to remain intact to keep the soup hearty.
- Add lemon, salt and pepper.
- Cook on low for another five minutes.
- Garnish with lemon, cauliflower slices and paprika.
- Serves six