Rainbow Swiss Chard is one of the most beautiful veggies you'll ever see.
A large green leaf with bright red veins coursing through it – it’s almost to pretty to eat. It tastes like spinach and is filled with iron and nutrients. Enjoy the beautiful colors of this filling yet light soup.
Total Time: 30 minutes
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
- 1 T. olive oil
- 2 medium leeks, chopped white part and a bit of green only (about two cups)
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 large bunch of Rainbow (or regular) Swiss Chard, roughly chopped into bite size pieces (about 8 cups)
- 1 large carrot, diced
- 3 ears of corn, raw – cut corn from cob and discard husks and leaves
- 4 bay leaves
- 1 T. Salt
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 8 cups water
- Fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- 1 loaf French bread, cut into 12 pieces
- Sauté leeks, celery, Swiss chard and carrot in oil on medium heat until vegetables are softened, about five minutes.
- Add water, bay leaves, salt, garlic, brown rice and cracked pepper.
- Bring to boil. Cook for an additional 25 minutes until all vegetables are tender.
- Serve soup with 2 slices of French bread per person.