When you try this two-ingredient salad dressing, you'll never buy bottled again.
I like my salads to be hearty and filling with a light and bright flavor. That’s exactly what happens when you mix in protein rich lentils and brown rice, lots of fresh colorful veggies and the dressing made with Apple Cider Vinegar (a great weight loss ingredient, folks) and agave nectar (it’s like honey without the bee slavery). This is a refreshing salad that will make you feel energized but not stuffed. Enjoy the beautiful colors because they’re giving you a healthy dose of antioxidants.
- 1 green onion, chopped at a diagonal (this is done for aesthetics only) plus extra for garnish
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1/2. c. chopped cilantro
- 1/2. c. diced dried apricots
- 1 c. lentils, cooked
- 1 c. brown rice, cooked
- 1 c. chopped celery
- 1 c. cherry tomatoes cut in half
- 1.5 c. cucumber, diced with skin on
- T. chopped raw pecans
- 6 large raw red peppers, tops, seeds and ribs, discarded
- 4 T. Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV)
- 2 T. Agave Nectar
- Mix all salad ingredients except peppers and pecans.
- Mix dressing ingredients and toss with salad.
- Fill red peppers with salad mixture.
- Top with chopped pecans and extra green onion.
- Serves 6.