This is such a delicious way to start the day.
The use of coconut sugar, coconut oil and coconut milk make it taste like dessert, but it’s packet with nutrients from fruits, nuts and grains.
Total Time: 30 minutes
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 20-25 minutes
Yield: 6 servings
- 3 cups rolled oats (not instant)
- 3 T. coconut sugar
- 1/2 t. salt
- 1/3 c. agave nectar
- 4 T. coconut oil
- 1 t. vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup dried apricots (about 16 pieces)
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 1/2 cup dried, unsweetened coconut
- Milk (non-dairy), recommended brand, Silk Coconut Milk
- Heat oven to 300 degrees with rack set in the center of the oven.
- In a large bowl, mix oats with coconut sugar and salt until thoroughly incorporated. Set aside.
- Whisk together agave, coconut oil and vanilla extract, then add to the oat mixture.
- Spread mixture on a pan and bake at 300 degrees for 15 minutes. Stir and leave in another 5 – 10 minutes until mixture is lightly browned. Remove from oven and let cool, stirring occasionally until mixture is at room temperature.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Pour mixture into six bowls, add milk and serve.