Our Cream of Asparagus soup always hits the spot.
Total Time: 30 minutes
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Yield: 6 servings
- 3 – 10 oz. packages of frozen corn
- 1 lb. asparagus spears, tough ends removed, then cut into 1 inch pieces
- 3 c. + 3 T. vegetable stock
- 1.5 c. red onion diced
- 6 T. shallots, minced
- 1.5 t. dried basil
- 1.5 cups almond milk, unsweetened
- 2 1/4 t. salt
- Loaf of French bread.
- Sauté onion and shallot in 3 T. vegetable stock until tender.
- Add all ingredients except milk.
- Cook on medium heat until all vegetables are tender, about 10 – 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Remove a few spears of asparagus for garnish if desired.
- Pour into blender and add milk. Puree until soup is a creamy consistency.
- Add to bowls and garnish with asparagus tips. Serve with French Bread.