This soup was inspired by Thai flavors including coconut, lime, and curry.
It’s rich and creamy, and a definite comfort food. Enjoy!
Total Time: 30 minutes
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Yield:6 – 8 servings
- 2 fennel bulbs
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 T. coconut oil
- 4 c. vegetable stock
- 1 tsp. fresh ginger, grated on microplane or minced
- 1 small can coconut cream (4 oz.)
- 1 t. curry
- 1 lime
- 1 t. salt
- 10 oz. cooked brown rice
- 1 package firm tofu, drained and cubed
- fennel fronds for garnish
- dried unsweetened coconut for garnish (optional)
- salt and fresh ground black pepper
- Chop stems off fennel bulbs and set aside.Slice bulbs in half and slice thinly.
- Remove hard core and discard or keep for soup stock.
- Mince garlic cloves.
- Heat 1T. coconut oil and sauté fennel on low to medium heat until fennel softens about five minutes. Reduce heat and add garlic.
- Continue to heat for an additional 2-3 minute.
- Add stock, ginger, coconut cream, curry, juice of lime, salt,brown rice and tofu.
- Heat through. Blend soup with immersion blender until creamy or put in blender. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Garnish with fennel fronds, coconut.