Get the kids out of the room, we’re getting sexy up in here.
This salad has so many flavors and textures you’ll want to eat it undressed–the salad that it. That’s right–you don’t even need dressing – the lime juice and avocado provide the fat and acid you would normally get from oil and vinegar. The colors are vibrant and fresh. This makes one huge entrée salad or 3 small ones.
Total Time: 20 minute
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook time: n/a
Yields: 1 serving (large entree salad)
- 1/3 c. Romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1/3 c. arugula
- 1/3 c. kale
- 1 green onion, cut on the bias
- 1/2 avocado sliced
- 1/3 c. green lentils (purchase already cooked or see bulk recipe for cooking lentils)
- 1/3 c. sugar snap peas, cut in half lengthwise
- 3 T. sliced pepperoncini from jar, including juice
- 1/3 c. sliced cucumber
- 1/2 green apple, diced
- 1/3 c. sliced green bell pepper
- 6 large basil leaves, cut in ribbons
- 3 mint leaves, cut in ribbons
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 T. pistachios, chopped
- Mix all ingredients and serve.
- Makes 1 large entrée salad.