I would hardly call this a recipe, but I realized why I’ve eaten this sandwich so many times.
I eat out a lot and believe it or not, even in Los Angeles, there are many restaurants that do not offer vegan options, so I end up asking them to make a custom sandwich for me. Most restaurants will have the ingredients and are happy to accommodate your request. Of course, you can also make it for yourself at home. It’s colorful, crunchy and flavorful and of course, so simple, it just might be your “go-to” sandwich.
Total Time: 10 minutes
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: n/a
Yields: 4 servings
- 4 Bagels – any style that’s vegan, my favorite is sesame
- 2 avocados, sliced
- 1 cucumber, sliced
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 1 handful of alfalfa sprouts
- 1/2 cup sliced banana peppers
- Yellow mustard
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 4 cups of any sliced fresh fruit or veggies as side dish
- Slice bagels in half and toast in oven or toaster. Place all ingredients on bagel bottom. Spread mustard on bagel top. Top and serve with side of fresh fruits or veggies