Just the mention of banana pancakes evokes warm, fuzzy thoughts, lazy weekends and songs by Jack Johnson.
These are so easy to make, but the basic pancake recipe is given an upgrade with the luscious blueberry basil puree–it tastes like something you’d get in a fine restaurant – the rich blueberry flavor is given a burst of freshness by the tiniest of basil leaves. You’ll want to make extra and put it on all sorts of things like vegan ice cream, waffles, or anything that needs a touch of sweetness.
Total Time: 35 minutes
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Yields: 4 servings
- 2 cup oat flour
- 4 T. baking powder
- 2 T. organic brown sugar
- 1/4 t. salt
- 2 c. almond milk (Recommended brand Silk)
- 4 T. coconut oil
- 1 cup mashed ripe banana + 1 sliced banana for granish
- 1/2 t. vanilla extract
Blueberry Basil Puree
- 3 cups blueberries
- 2 T. maple syrup
- 1/2 T. lemon juice
- 3 T. organic brown sugar
- Small basil leaves for garnish
- Mix all ingredients and pour onto hot non-stick pan to create pancakes approximately 2.5 inches in diameter.
- Blend 2 cups blueberries, maple syrup, sugar and lemon juice in a blender or food processor until fully blended.
- Put in saucepan and bring to boil for 3 minutes, stirring constantly. Set aside.
- Plate pancakes.
- Drizzle blueberry puree.
- Garnish with extra bananas, blueberries and basil leaves.