I remember the first time I saw a buffet potato "Martini" bar.
The server gave me a martini glass filled with mashed potatoes. I was able to choose from a variety of toppings to customize my potato-tini. I was thrilled with the concept, but couldn’t partake. In addition to the heavy butter and cream content of the potatoes, there were toppings that consisted of chicken, gravy, cheese and bacon. My heart sank because I loved the idea but not the ingredients.
But Field Roast Sausage has come to my rescue. I can now make my own potato-tinis, vegan-style. This is a fun recipe that includes some of my favorite toppings, but you can add anything at all. Make it your own, that’s half the fun!
The Field Roast sausage tastes like the real thing with a wonderful texture and authentic spices. It comes in a variety of flavors but I’m partial to the Italian flavor for this recipe. Top it with veggies and you’ve got a party in a glass. You’ll never have a hangover with this martini – just lots of flavor and fun. Field Roast has amazing vegan “meat and cheese” products that will leave you feeling satisfied. For more information go to www.fieldroast.com.
Total Time: 10 minutes
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: n/a
- 1.5 pounds small red potatoes cut into quarters–you can leave the skins on or off
- 4 links, Field Roast Sausage, Italian Style (6 links per package)
- 1/2- 3/4 c. almond milk, unsweetened
- 8 oz. white mushrooms sliced
- 1 lb. asparagus, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 clove garlic, minced.
- 1 T. olive oil
- 2 T. lemon juice
- Lemon Zest and ground pepper for garnish
- Cook quartered potatoes in salted boiling water until tender, about 12 minutes. Drain and mash with almond milk to desired consistency. Start with ½ cup of almond milk. Add more for creamier consistency. Do not add salt.
- Saute sliced mushrooms and garlic in olive oil until tender. Add 1 T. lemon juice.
- Steam asparagus in saucepan. Add 1 T. lemon juice.
- Remove plastic casings from sausage links and cut into small pieces. Heat in non-stick skillet until heated through.
- Add potatoes to plate or glasses. Top with mushrooms, field roast and asparagus spears. Garnish with lemon and fresh ground pepper.
- Makes 4 hearty servings or six smaller servings.