I stopped eating oatmeal for a little while because I was beginning to find it a little boring.
But it occurred to me that any food that seems boring offers the perfect blank canvas for a creative twist. In this case, the oatmeal is fortified with protein powder, and dressed with a delicious peaches and cream topping using fresh seasonal peaches and Thai coconut cream. You can also use nectarines or plums. It will make an ordinary breakfast or an ordinary day a little more special.
Total Time: 25 minutes
Prep Time: 15 minute
Cook time: 10 minutes
Yields: 6 servings
- 6 cups of oatmeal made with quick oats, according to package directions
- 3 T. vegan protein powder (recommended brand Vega Protein and Greens, Vanilla
- 2 cups of chopped peaches, skin on (keep some for garnish)
- 1 T. Thai Coconut Cream (in a can, found near the Asian food products in your grocery store)
- 1 T. agave nectar
- whole nutmeg
- Make oatmeal according to package directions. Add protein powder.
- Add remaining ingredients in blender. Serve oatmeal in six bowls. Top with peaches and cream topping. Top with remaining chopped peaches and grated fresh nutmeg.