This stir fry can be made with any variety of veggies.
The most important thing is to get as many colors in as possible. white. It’s fun to get as many colors in as possible because the end result tastes and looks beautiful. This has green, red, purple, yellow and white.
It’s been said that we eat first with our eyes and that’s the case with this dish. The colors are so inviting and the taste is simple and fresh. I made this with breakfast in mind because sometimes I just want a hearty, savory breakfast dish, but you can enjoy it any time of day.
By the way, even if you don’t consider yourself a tofu eater, I implore you to try this type of tofu. It’s called Tofu Cutlet from House Brand Foods. It’s super firm and cooked on the edges. The texture is so wonderful and chewy you’ll be hooked.
Total Time: 25 minutes
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time:10 minutes
Yield: 2 servings
- 1 bunch asparagus, (touch ends cut off and discarded) cut in one inch pieces
- 1/2 red onion cut in thin slices
- 1 purple potato, cut in very thin slices for quick cooking
- 1 ear of corn, cut from cob
- 1/2 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 6.5 oz. package of House Food Brands tofu cutlets, patted dry and cubed (or just extra firm tofu cubes)
- 1 green onion, cut diagonally
- 1 lemon
- Salt & Pepper
- 1/2 T. Olive Oil
- Heat oil in non-stick pan. Sautee potato until soft.
- Add remaining ingredients except tofu, green onion and lemon.
- Mix and heat through. If mixture gets dry, add water instead of extra oil.
- Cover for 3-5 minutes, until all asparagus all vegetables are tender. Asparagus may take longer to cook if it is thick.
- Add tofu and heat through.
- Add lemon, then add salt and pepper to taste Top with green onion.