This dish makes a delicious protein-rich breakfast or a dessert.
I like having something sweet in the morning – it gives me some energy to start my day. The addition of cashews adds protein to keep you satisfied throughout the morning. And any fruit can be used as a topping.
Total Time: 2 hours to soak cashew (or soak the night before) + 15 minutes
Prep Time: 2 hours cashew soaking time (or soak overnight) plus 15 minutes
Cook Time: n/a
Yield: 2 servings
- 1 cup cashews (soaked in water for two hours or overnight)
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 bananas sliced
- 1 cup of fresh berries – blueberry, strawberries or raspberries, or a combination of all three
- 1/2 t. pure vanilla
- 3 T. agave nectar (or maple syrup)
- Pinch salt
- Drain cashews.
- In blender, mix cashews, water, 1 banana, vanilla, agave nectar and salt until fully incorporated.
- Place in serving bowls and top with banana and berries.