Quinoa isn't just for savory meals.
It can be used as a satisfying protein rich breakfast ingredient. Use it in place of oat meal when you want a change. This one can be topped with any type of fruit in season, but I’ve chosen a few of my favorites.
Total Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Prep Time: 10 minutes
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 T. agave nectar (or maple syrup)
- 1 t. vanilla extract
- 8 almonds chopped
- Juice and zest of 1/2 lemon
- 1 banana
- 1 mango
- 1/2 cup raspberries
- 4 T. dried, unsweetened coconut
- Cook quinoa according to package directions.
- When cooked, add agave, vanilla, chopped almonds and lemon.
- Portion out into four bowls.
- Top with fresh fruit and coconut.