Many people thing potatoes are fattening.
That couldn’t be farther from the truth. The reason the potato has a bad name is because many people top them with butter and sour cream. By using almond milk and a buttery vegan spread, you can enjoy a guilt-free potato that tastes decadent and filling.
Total Time: 75 minutes
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 60-75 minutes
Yield 2 Servings
- 2 large Russet Potatoes
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 t. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 T. lemon juice
- 1 t. dried basil
- 3/4 cup almond milk
- 1 T. Earth Balance Buttery Vegan Spread
- 4 fresh basil leaves, cut into thin ribbons
- Salt & fresh ground black pepper to taste
- Scrub potatoes and place in 350 degree oven for 60-75 minutes until soft and cooked through to center. Cooking time will vary based on size of potato. Check at 60 minutes and cook longer if needed.
- While potatoes are cooking, sauté garlic in olive oil on low heat until it becomes aromatic. Add mushrooms, lemon juice and basil until mushrooms are soft and cooked throughout. Add salt & pepper to taste.
- Remove potatoes from oven. Scoop out inside of potato and place in bowl. Add milk and Earth balance. Mash with fork or potato masher. Add salt & pepper to taste. Use a large spoon or ice cream scoop to put the mixture back into the potato skin.
- Top with mushrooms and fresh basil and serve.