Using prepackaged foods can be real time savers, and it doesn't mean you have to compromise on quality.
This recipe contains three of my favorites – Vicolo cornmeal pizza crusts, Field Roast Italian Sausage and Classico Tomato Basil Pasta Sauce. There are still plenty of fresh ingredients to make this taste homemade, but you’ll save a significant amount of time by using top-of-the-line foods from vendors that make them just like you would – if you had the time.
Total Time: 25 minutes
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
- 1 package organic cornmeal pizza crusts (2 crusts per package), recommended brand Vicolo 9”
- 2 links of Field Roast Brand Italian Sausage (or your favorite meat substitute)
- 1.5 cup pasta sauce, any brand (my favorite, Classico Tomato & Basil)
- 1.5 cup sliced zucchini
- 1.5 cup sliced yellow squash
- 1 cup sliced cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup sliced red onion
- 10 leaves of fresh basil, cut into ribbons
- Vegan Parmesan (preferred brand Go Veggie!)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- While oven is heating, remove pizza crusts from packaging.
- Pour 3/4 cup sauce on each pizza shell.
- Arrange all veggies in slices on top of sauce.
- Cook until crust is brown and crispy, about 12 to 15 minutes.
- Top with fresh basil ribbons and generous sprinkling of parmesan.