This dish was created for breakfast but can even be enjoyed as a dessert.
The noodles are made by spiralizing sweet potato and apples. I had never tried using the spiralizer on sweet potatoes but they create a great “al dente” pasta and are perfect for breakfast. They pair well with apples, oat flour, pumpkin pie spice, brown sugar and pecans. It’s a warm and hearty treat. You can even add raisins or cranberries or drizzle with maple syrup.
Total Time: 30 minutes
Prep Time: 18 minutes
Cook time: 12 minutes
- 1 medium sweet potato, spiraled
- 2 small granny smith apple, spiraled
- 3 T. coconut oil
- 1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 4 T. organic brown sugar
- 1/3 c. oat flour
- 1/3 c. chopped pecans
- 1/3 c. orange juice (fresh squeezed if possible)
- 1/2 t. salt.
- Shaved unsweetened coconut
- Additional chopped pecans
- Combine all ingredients except garnish ingredients.
- Bake at 425 degrees covered for 12 minutes.
- Remove from oven and toss.
- Add to plates and drizzle with additional maple syrup, pecans and shaved coconut.