These lettuce wraps combine sweet and savory flavors in a warm beefy mixture with fresh crunchy toppings like carrot, cashews and bean sprouts.
This is a fun dish for the family because everyone can customize their own lettuce wrap and it’s always fun to eat with your hands!
Total Time: 30 minutes
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
- 1 head butter lettuce, leaves removed, cleaned and patted dry. Remove ends.
- 4 cups Beyond Meat® Beefy Crumble
- 1 can water chestnuts, drained and diced
- 1 T. oil
- 1 bunch green onions, mince white part and cut green part in diagonal cut for topping
- 1 carrot shredded
- 1 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 cup raw bean sprouts
- Green onion (green part only, sliced diagonally)
- 1/2 cup chopped salted, roasted cashews
- Sesame seeds (black or white)
- 1/3 c. soy sauce
- 1/2 c. + 2 T. agave nectar
- 1/4 c. almond butter
- 4 t. rice wine vinegar
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 t. toasted sesame oil
- 2 t. chili oil
- 3/4 t. fresh grated ginger
- First make the sauce by mixing soy sauce, almond butter and agave nectar until fully incorporated. Add agave, vinegar, garlic, sesame oil and chili oil. Set aside
- Heat the white part of the green onion in 1 T. olive oil. Add beefy crumbles. If mixture gets too dry, add water. You can also use vegetable broth. Once mixture is fully incorporated, add half the sauce and mix through until fully incorporated.
- Fill lettuce leaves with beefy crumble mixture. Top with toppings as desired. Drizzle with additional sauce if desired.