This salad has a burst of flavors - the ruby red grapefruit and the Asian pear are amazing as breakfast ingredients or as part of a light lunch salad.
And, everything tastes better with avocado. The unexpected part of this fruit salad is the Asian inspired dressing with toasted sesame oil and sweet agave. This is a special dish that you will enjoy any time of day. The photograph is deceiving because I’m only showing a small serving size, but this recipe serves two hearty portions.
Total Time: 20 minutes
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook time: n/a
Yield: 2 servings
- 1 large ruby red grapefruit, peeled, then cut into sections (cut the fruit out between the membranes that separate each section)
- 1 avocado, pitted, sliced ¼ inch thick
- 1 Asian pear, core removed, sliced ¼ inch thick
- 1/2 cup sunflower sprouts or any greens for garnish
- 1/2 T. black sesame seeds for garnish
- 1 t. toasted sesame oil
- 2 t. rice vinegar
- 2 t. agave nectar
- 1 t. grated fresh ginger
- Salt to taste
- Mix dressing ingredients & set aside. Arrange the avocado, grapefruit and pear rotating with alternate slices. Drizzle with dressing and garnish with greens and sesame seeds.