Oats are the perfect breakfast food but sometimes I get tired of the same old oatmeal. In this recipe, I used oat flour instead of all-purpose flour and apple sauce for moisture and flavor.
The bread is dense and moist but not super sweet, which I like for a morning meal (although this makes a great mid-day snack as well). The cinnamon glaze sounds and tastes decadent, but it’s made from coconut yogurt. I top it with chopped pecans for a little crunch to wake you up! The result is a satisfying yet healthy breakfast option.
Total Time: 60 minutes
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 50 minutes
Yield: 8 slices
Apple Oat Bread
- 1. 5 cup oat flour
- 1 t. baking powder
- 1 t. baking soda
- 1/2 t. salt
- 1 T. freshly ground flax meal (grind whole flax seeds in high speed blender, then measure 1 T.) mixed with 3 T. water, chilled in fridge for 15 minutes while preparing other ingredients.
- 1.5 c. applesauce
- 3/4 c.agave nectar
- 1/4 c.chopped pecans (optional)
- Coconut oil (approximately 1/2 to 1 T.)
- 1/2c. agave nectar
- 1 c. So Delicious Cultured Coconut Milk, UNSWEETENED Vanilla (you can also use any vegan yogurt but this is my brand of choice)
- 1.5 T. lemon juice
- 1/2 t. pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 t. cinnamon
Mix all glaze ingredients until fully incorporated. Set aside
Apple Bread Recipe
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Use coconut oil to grease a 4 x 8 loaf pan.
- Mix oat flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt until fully incorporated.
- Add flax meal mixture, applesauce, and agave nectar to the oat mixture and blend until fully incorporated.
- Fill pan with batter and bake for 50 minute or until toothpick inserted into center of cake comes out clean.
Remove cake from pan and slice into 8 – 1” slices. Drizzle slices with glaze and chopped pecans.