If you think being vegan means giving up creamy ranch dressing, here's some good news.
This is a simple vegan ranch that tastes like the real thing and has about half the fat – five grams for a serving size of 2 T. Many creamy vegan dressings and sauces start with a nut base and this one is no exception. By using cashews, we can get a creamy texture without the dairy. This tastes great on salads or just for dipping. Make sure you use raw cashews only – not roasted. Soak them for a minimum of four hours, or overnight. Once you try this, you’ll never need to buy bottled dressing again. It also forms the basis for all sorts of creative dressings and sauces – add dill, rosemary, thyme, cilantro or anything you desire. Enjoy!
Total Time: 5 minutes (after nuts are soaked)
Prep Time: 4 hours or overnight
Cook Time: n/a
Yield: approximately 1.25 cups
- 1 c. raw cashews soaked in water for four hours or overnight
- 1/2 c. water
- 4 T. lemon juice
- 1/4 c. rice wine vinegar
- 3 T. agave nectar
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 t. dry basil
- 1 1/4 t. salt
- 4-5 grinds of fresh black pepper
- 1 T. extra virgin olive oil
- Drain and rinse cashews.
- Place all ingredients except oil in a blender. Blend until fully incorporated.
- While still blending, drizzle in oil through top of blender. Continue to mix until dressing is smooth.
- Store in squeeze bottle or airtight container in refrigerator for up to one week.