Almond milk is quickly becoming a favorite among those who want to "just say no" to dairy.
By using a hearty whole grain bread and avocado, you’ve got a breakfast that satisfies and sustains. Feel free to add other plant-based toppings for color and crunch.
Total Time: 15 minutes
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
- 4 slices toasted bread (use a quality whole grain bread like Ezekiel Sesame)
- 1 t. olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ avocado, sliced thin
- 2 large basil leaves, rolled, then cut into ribbons
- Microgreens or sprouts of any kind
- Salt & pepper
- Toast the bread in oven, toaster or toaster oven to desired crispness.
- While bread is toasting, heat olive oil on low to medium heat. Add garlic and sauté until garlic begins to sizzle and becomes aromatic about two minutes. Do not brown, garlic becomes bitter if overcooked. Add tomatoes and continue to mix with garlic and olive oil for about three minutes
- Put avocado slices on toast. Sprinkle a little salt & pepper on top.
- Top generously with tomato mixture and basil ribbons.
- Garnish with micro greens.
From the book The 40-Year-Old Vegan:75 Recipes to Make You Leaner, Cleaner and Greener in the Second Half of Life by Sandra & Susan Sellani.