Afer hearing that an estimated 1.33 billion chicken were going to be consumed on Super Bowl Sunday, I decided that something needed to be done. So I created this recipe for the viewers of Jane Velez-Mitchell’s Lunchbreak Live. This recipe not only tastes better that traditional wings but reduces the fat and cholesterol significantly! Try it and taste the difference. Share with you wing-loving friends and see if they don’t agree – this is the only wing recipe you’ll ever need!
Posted by Jane Velez-Mitchell on Sunday, February 5, 2017
Buffalo Chickenless Wings Recipe as seen on Jane Velez-Mitchell’s Lunchbreak Live
- 2 packages Gardein™ brand Seven Grain Crispy Tenders (there are about 10-11 tenders per package)
- ¼ t. paprika
- ¼ t. cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 430 degrees.
- Mix paprika with cayenne pepper and sprinkle on top of both sides of crispy tenders. Place tenders on a baking pan with foil or non-stick baking paper underneath.
- Bake 16 -20 minutes, turning once half-way through.
Cool Ranch Dressing Recipe
- 1 c. raw cashews, soaked in water overnight for at least four hours, drained
- ½ c. water
- 4 T. lemon juice
- ¼ c. ride wine vinegar
- 3 T. agave nectar
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 t. dry basil
- 1 ¼ t. salt
- 4-5 grinds black pepper
- Mix all ingredients in a blender. Reserve ¼ c. for Hot Wingless Sauce Recipe
- Use remaining dressing on the side with the chickenless wings.
Hot Chickenless Wing Sauce Recipe
- ¼ c. Cool Ranch Dressing recipe (above)
- ¼ c. hot sauce (preferred brand Tapatio)
- 1/8 t black pepper
- 1/8 t. garlic powder
- 2 t. agave nectar
- Mix with wire whisk, heat and keep warm
1 bunch celery cut into 3-4 inch “sticks” to serve with wings and dressing.
- Remove wings from pan and keep warm.
- Place on serving plate. Drizzle 1-2 T. of Hot sauce recipe on top
- Serve with side of cool ranch dressing and celery sticks.
- Serve the chicken tender on a Romaine lettuce leaf. Top with a small amount of hot sauce, ranch dressing, and diced celery.
- Create a Buffalo Chickenless Salad. Chop romaine lettuce into bite sized pieces. Add diced celery. Cut the wings at an angle and place on top of salad. Top with additional ranch and diced celery.
Want more great vegan recipes, get the 40-Year-Old Vegan Cookbook, now available on Amazon.com