This is the Italian Wedding Soup recipe created on Lunchbreak Live. I tried using Vegan Egg to get an “egg drop” consistency but it didn’t work exactly as planned. I would use the recipe as shown below but omit the vegan egg. Thank you to Jane Velez-Mitchell for having me on her show!
Learn how to make Italian Wedding Soup with The 40 Year Old Vegan, Sandra Sellani! This soup will put you in the mood for love! Get Sandra's new book here: bit.ly/2JVMLBL – It's a great wedding gift! #LunchBreakLIVE
Posted by Jane Velez-Mitchell on Sunday, March 19, 2017
• 1 T. olive oil (or vegetable broth)
• 1 c. white onion, diced
• 2 celery stalks, diced
• 1 large carrot, diced
• 2 c. baby spinach leaves, stems removed, loosely packed
• 3/4 c. “acini de pepe” pasta (small, granular pasta – if you cannot find this Israeli couscous is a good substitute)
• 8 c. vegetable broth
• 1 package Field Roast vegan Italian Style Sausage, case removed, diced
• Vegan Parmesan cheese (Recommended brand, Follow Your Heart) * Salt & Pepper to Taste
1. Sauté celery, onion and carrot in 1 T. olive oil until softened, 3-5 minutes.
2. Add broth and bring to boil.
3. Add pasta and reduce heat to medium.
4. Cook according to package directions (about 8 minutes).
5. When pasta is cooked, add sausage slices and spinach and stir until wilted, a few minutes. Sausage slices should be heated through and do not have to be cooked.
6. Serve immediately and garnish with vegan parmesan cheese.