Sandra Sellani co-author of the award-winning 40-Year-Old Vegan Cookbook (bit.ly/2JVMLBL) makes Bodacious Butterscotch Blondies. featuring@zazacandies King David Butterscotch chips#vegan #crockpot This Is Us Crock-Pot Slow Cooker
Posted by Jane Velez-Mitchell on Sunday, February 4, 2018
Bodacious Butterscotch Blondies from The 40-Year-Old Vegan
This recipe requires a slow-cooker or Crockpot
- 1 t. vegan butter
- 1 c. unbleached, all-purpose flour
- 1 t. baking powder
- ½ t. salt
- 1 flax egg (1 T. flax meal plus 3 T water – mix and let sit for 20 minutes)
- ¼ c. unsweetened applesauce
- 2 t vanilla
- ½ c. almond milk
- ½ c. butterscotch chips, preferred brand King David
- ½ c. pecans
- ½ c. pure maple syrup
- Fresh raspberries & mint for garnish
- 1 pint vegan vanilla ice cream, melted or frozen
- Rub the vegan butter on the inside of the crockpot to prevent sticking.
- In mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add flax egg, applesauce, vanilla, almond milk, butterscotch chips, and pecans. Mix thoroughly into a thick batter. Pour in the crockpot and spread evenly.
- Pour the maple syrup on top of the mixture – do not stir.
- Cover and cook on High for 2 ½ to three hours until the edges of the blondie look cooked and firm.
- Scoop out a portion of the blondie and plate. Serve with a scoop of ice cream or drizzle the melted ice cream over the blondie. Add raspberries and fresh mint. Serve immediately.
Makes 6 to 8 servings