Jicama, Pear and Avocado Salad is also known as "Sunshine in a Bowl" because of it's fresh colors and flavors.
Vegan meatballs are easy to make and loaded with protein. Here’s a quick easy recipe for a plant-based Italian classic.
Sandra Sellani co-author of the award-winning 40-Year-Old Vegan Cookbook (bit.ly/2JVMLBL) makes Vegan “meat” balls on LunchBreakLIVE at 1230 PT/330 ET. www.facebook.com/JaneVelezMitchell/#vegan #seitanFeatured products: Ian's Natural Foods, Bob's Red Mill Natural Foods, Bragg Live Food Products, Pacific Foods
Posted by Jane Velez-Mitchell on Sunday, April 29, 2018
Jicama, Pear and Avo Salad (Sunshine in a Bowl)
By The 40-Year-Old Vegan™
- 1 c. jicama (peeled and cubed)
- 2 pears, cubed
- ¼. c. fresh chopped cilantro
- ¼ c. chopped bell pepper (red, yellow, orange or a combination
- ¼ c. finely chopped red onion
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted and cubed
- Juice of 2 limes
- 1 package of butter lettuce, preferred brand Pete’s Living Greens
- ¼ c. chopped dry roasted peanuts
- 2 large pinches of red pepper flakes
- 6 blue corn tortilla chips, preferred brand Cabo Chips
- Combine jicama, pears, cilantro, bell pepper, and avocado in a bowl.
- Squeeze lime juice over the salad and mix gently, being careful not to mash the avocado. Set aside.
- Arrange the butter lettuce leaves around the perimeters of two dinner plats to form a “bowl”
- Evenly distribute the mixture into the lettuce bowls.
- Top each bowl with chopped peanuts and a large pinch of red pepper flaks
- Garnish each salad with 3 blue corn tortilla chips
- Serve immediately and enjoy!