The Raspberry Cream Cheese Tart is easy, delicious and 100 percent vegan!
Sandra Sellani co-author of the award-winning 40-Year-Old Vegan Cookbook (bit.ly/2JVMLBL) makes a Raspberry Cream “Cheese” Tart today on #LunchBreakLIVE! Try it! #vegan
Posted by Jane Velez-Mitchell on Sunday, June 24, 2018
Raspberry Cream “Cheese” Tart
- 1 premade pie crust, preferred brand Wholly Wholesome Organic Spelt Crust (in the frozen food section)
- 2 c. fresh raspberries
- 8 oz. vegan cream cheese, preferred brand Tofutti
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 2 T. agave nectar or maple syrup
- 1 c. raspberry preserves, preferred brand, Bon Marmant
- ¼ – ½ c. water
- Pinch of salt
- Prepare pie crust according to package directions. Let cool completely.
- Mix raspberry preserves with ¼ c. to ½ c. water – ½ c. water over medium heat. Cook until bubbling for 3 minutes, until mixture becomes a thick sauce. Remove from heat and allow to cool
- Mix cream cheese, lemon zest and agave until thoroughly combined. Spread on top of cooled pie crust.
- Pour approximately 1/3 of the raspberry mixture on top of the cream cheese until the top of the pie is covered. Reserve the rest.
- Add the fresh raspberries to the top of the pie, covering completely.
- Drizzle 1/3 of the sauce on top of the pie with a spoon.
- Garnish with mint leave. Serve with additional sauce on the side.