Get ready for bundles of baby portobello mushrooms in a sauce reminiscent of Beef Bourguignon – but it’s completely plant-based! The sauce is rich and the bundles are made with Twin Dragon wonton wrappers. Twin Dragon wrappers are vegan and can be used in so many ways. They’re easy to work with just wet the sides with your fingers and press together for a perfect little edible bundle. They feel like little sheets of velvet. I love the quality. Check out all of their products here.
You can purchase JSL Foods Twin Dragon products at:
- Stater Bros
- Food Maxx
- Fred Meyer
- Cub Foods
- Rainbow Foods
- Associated Stores
- Price Rite
- Shop Rite
- Price Chopper and
- 1 T. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 c. shallots minced
- 1 T. garlic, minced
- 2/3 c. carrots, diced 1/8-inch dice
- 2 c. chopped baby portobello mushrooms, 1/8-inch dice
- 1 c. Cabernet Sauvignon
- 1 c. vegetable broth
- 1 t. soy sauce
- 2 t. fresh thyme
- 1 sprig rosemary
- ½ t. salt
- Fresh ground black pepper
- 2 T. tomato paste, preferred brand Trader Joe’s
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 T. chopped pecans
- 18 Twin Dragon Wonton Wrappers
- Chopped chives and fresh edible flower petals for garnish
- Sauté shallots, garlic and mushrooms in olive oil on medium high heat. Stir regularly for 2-3 minutes or until vegetables start to soften.
- Add wine, vegetable broth, soy sauce, thyme, rosemary, salt, pepper, tomato paste and bay leaf. Bring to boil.
- Reduce heat and keep at slow boil for 15 to 20 minutes or until liquid reduces by about half. Add chopped pecans and still until fully incorporate. Remove from heat.
- Pour entire mixture through a fine sieve and reserve liquid.
- Place 1 T of mushroom mixture into each of the wonton wrappers. Wet sides of the wrappers using your finger dipped in water. Bring the four corners of the wonton together and press the sides together to form a bundle. Repeat with all wontons.
- Steam the bundles in a steamer basket for two minutes.
- Heat the liquid until simmering.
- Put three bundles in each of six bowls. Pour liquid in the bottom of the bowls.
- Top with chopped chives and flower petals and serve immediately.