Let the detox begin! Color, crunch and antioxidants make this salad just what you need to cleanse your body if you've overdone the holiday treats!
I definitely over did it on the vegan holiday cookies this Christmas, so my boy is crying out for something lean, clean and green. This detox salad is the perfect choice. Starting with black rice – higher in antioxidants than blueberries – and loaded with color, crunch, probiotics and a delightful oil-free apple cider vinaigrette. Give it a try and see if you don’t feel better than ever and ready to start the New Year!
Confetti Detox Salad with Apple Cider Vinaigrette
Apple Cider Vinaigrette
- ¼ c. Apple Cider Vinegar
- ½ c. unsweetened applesauce
- 2 T. maple syrup or agave nectar
- ¼. t. cinnamon
- ¼ t. salt
- Fresh ground black pepper
Whisk all ingredients together and set aside.
New Year’s Eve Confetti Detox Salad
- 1 c. cooked black rice (cooked according to package directions)
- ½ c. tempeh, diced small, preferred brand LightLife
- ½ carrot, diced small
- ¼ c. purple cabbage, diced small
- 2 green onions, sliced thin
- ¼ c. minced cilantro
- 1/4 c. yellow pepper, diced small
- ¼ c. cucumber, diced small
- ½ c. pomegranate arils
- 4 c. arugula
Mix all salad ingredients except arugula with as much vinaigrette as you like (you will have some left over). Divide arugula among four plates and top with the rice mixture. Enjoy!