Keeping it sweet naturally with KetoseSweet natural Sweetener, you can have your Cheesecake and eat it too!
Key lime pie and cheesecake just got together and had a love child…
Key Lime Cheesecake (Vegan) with Salted Pecan Crust from 40-Year-Old Vegan
- 1 c. pecans, raw or lightly toasted in a pan
- ½ c. apricots
- ¼ t. kosher salt
- 1 T. liquid coconut oil (or if you prefer to go oil-free, add a few more apricots to make the crust sticky)
- Cut apricots in half lengthwise with kitchen shears, then width wise three time, making six pieces. This will make them mix more readily in your food processor.
- Add all crust ingredients to food processor and blend until it becomes sticky. You should be able to press it into a pan or cup to form a crust. If it’s not sticky enough add more apricots. Set aside
Key Lime Filling Directions
- 1 cup raw cashews, soaked overnight, then rinsed and drained. Remeasure the nuts because after soaking they will yield more than one cup. You only want one cup for the recipe. The remainder can be used for another recipe.
- 2 T. fresh squeezed lemon juice
- ¼ c. key lime juice (about 7 key limes)
- ½ t. key lime zest (about 2 key limes)
- ½ c. full fat coconut milk (use Thai Kitchen brand canned coconut milk, 13.66 oz). Let the can sit – do not shake. Scoop all the thick cream from the top of the can and put into the measuring cup. If there is still room in the cup, add the liquid coconut milk. Sometimes you will get a can that does not have the thick cream on top – if so, use it for another time. You might want to buy a few cans, so you’re not left without this key ingredient. You can also buy Thai Kitchen brand coconut cream in the can and you’ll always be ensued to get the thick cream.
- ¼ c. Ketose Sweet brand liquid sweetener
- 2 t. pure vanilla (alcohol-free)
- Mix all filling ingredients in high speed blender until fully incorporated
- Place six 3-inch diameter ring molds on a cookie sheet with parchment paper underneath. If you do not have ring molds, use paper muffin cups that are 3-inches in diameter and 2 inches high.
- Evenly distribute the crust into each of the six molds, placing about 2.5 T. of crust mixture into the bottom of the mold and pressing it firmly to cover the bottom area of the mold or muffin cup all the way to the side.
- Pour the cheesecake mixture into the molds and evenly distribute.
- Place the cookie sheet with the cheesecakes in the freezer for 60-90 minutes until firm.
- Remove cheesecakes and let sit on counter for ten minutes to soften up – if you leave them out too long, they will revert to their liquid form.
- Place each cheesecake on a plate and garnish with a thin slice of key lime and lime zest. Serve immediately.