Imagine the pasta-bilities! When you make pasta from bean curd sheets, you can pack 22 grams of protein in per serving with no gluten and 7 grams of carbs!
Forget carb-loading, now you can protein-load with this pasta made with 22-grams of protein per serving! Using bean curd sheets, this is easy to make and gluten-free with only 7 grams of carbs for the pasta (the marinara will add to the carb count, of course). I used Muir Glen organic since it doesn’t have added sugar.
Pappardelle Pasta with Marinara from 40-Year-Old Vegan
- 1 package of bean curd sheets (the brand I use, Imperial Taste, comes in 3-packages per container, https://www.amazon.com/%E4%B8%89%E9%82%8A%E8%85%90%E7%AB%B9-Dried-Bean-Curd-Sheet/dp/B074VY24X4/ref=sr_1_5?crid=2V27VFJE29IE&keywords=bean+curd+sheet&qid=1551042178&s=gateway&sprefix=bean+curd+sheet%2Caps%2C559&sr=8-5)
- 1 jar of your favorite marinara sauce, I use Muir Glen organic
- Fresh Italian parsley
- (optional) Vegan Parmesan cheese
- Soak the sheets in a bowl of water for 20 minutes until they are pliable.
- Place on a cutting board and roll the sheets into a cylinder shape, widthwise
- Cut the roll into strips about 1 inch wide.
- Place strips in boiling salted water for five minutes.
- Drain thoroughly as product will retain water. Pat dry with towel if necessary.
- Top with hot marinara sauce.
For more great recipes, get the 40-Year-Old Vegan Cookbook on amazon.com or visit www.40YOV.com