Food on a stick never gets old. These tasty Thai Kebabs are a one-handed wonder, filled with plant-based protein.
Thai Tofu Kebabs with Peanut Sauce
Nothing says Super Bowl Sunday like food on a stick. My Thai Tofu Kebabs are made with an extra firm tofu from Trader Joe’s that are perfect when you want something dense, like a firm cube that can withstand skewering. The Thai peanut sauce makes the kebabs savory and delicious. Add some colorful toppings and there’s no reason to eat animal protein – it’s all about the plants.
Thai Tofu Kebabs from 40-Year-Old Vegan
- 1 package Trader Joe’s Super Firm High Protein Tofu
- 1 T. Coconut Liquid Aminos
- ½ t. hot pepper sesame oil, preferred brand Eden (optional)
- ½ c. quality peanut butter, smooth
- 3 T. Coconut Liquid Aminos
- 2 T. seasoned rice wine vinegar
- 2 T. KetoseSweet Brand liquid Sweetener
- ½ t. freshly grated ginger
- ½ T. hot pepper sesame oil
- 2.5 T. fresh lime juice
- ¼ c. warm water (only add if needed for consistency)
- 4 wooden skewers
- 2 red bell peppers, cut into one-inch squares
- 2 T. chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 T. chopped dry roasted peanuts
- 4 green onions, sliced thin, diagonally
- 2 T. black sesame seeds
- 1 lime cut in quarters
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cut tofu into 24 cubes. Marinate in coconut aminos and sesame oil for five minutes.
- Place tofu on baking sheet with parchment paper. Place in oven for 15 minutes. Then turn tofu cubes upside down and cook an additional five minutes. Continue with an additional five minutes on each side until all sides are brown.
- Mix all sauce ingredients with a wire whisk until smooth. Add as much water as needed to make the sauce a “drizzle” consistency.
- Remove tofu from oven and place six cubes on each skewer, separating each piece of tofu with a red pepper square. At the end of each skewer, put a lime quarter
- Drizzle the sauce over each skewer, than top with chopped cilantro, green onions, sesame seeds and peanuts.